The Graveyard Queen # 1

The Restorer - Amanda Stevens

I absolutely recommend this book. The engaging writing style combined with the right amount of creepy factor, and a loveable heroine easily places The Restorer in my favourite read of this year. The author slowly built up the suspense towards the long-awaited climax. Although I have some questions about Devlin's sudden appearance at the end. Amelia suspects that it was probably the ghost of Robert that gave him 'hints' but that's pretty vague. I wish to know more about it. Hopefully in book 2?
About Devlin; he's the epitome of the tall, dark, mysterious guy. Maybe a bit too mysterious. I really can't figure him out so I will withhold to make any judgement about him. But his background story was emotionally gripping.

And then I wake up and remember that it's real.

I also came to the conclusion that I would make a poor investigator. As much as I like intricate mysteries I suck at puzzling them together. Admittedly at some occasions I couldn't quite follow Amelia's reasoning. I thought it was her paranoia speaking. Don't know.

Anyway I did had goose bumps several times while reading.

The midnight stars weep upon her silent grave,
Dead but dreaming, this child we could no save.

I recommend it to anyone who has an unusual fascination for cemeteries. From Wikipedia: TaphophileTombstone tourist (otherwise known as a "taphophile", "cemetery enthusiast", cemetery tourists or "grave hunter" or "graver") describes an individual who has a passion for and enjoyment of cemeteries. This involves epitaphs, gravestone rubbing, photography, art, and history of (famous) deaths.